Saturday, June 20, 2009

Kurt Schwitters

Born today (June 20) in 1887, one of my favourite Dadaists - Kurt Schwitters - the German collage artist and poet, best known for his anarchic 'Merz' movement.







Anna Blume

O beloved of my twenty-seven senses, I
love your! - you ye you your, I your, you my.
- We?

This belongs (by the way) elsewhere.
Who are you, uncounted female? You are

- are you? People say you are, - let them

say on, they don't know a hawk from a handsaw.

You wear your hat upon your feet and walk round

on your hands, upon your hands you walk.

Halloo, your red dress, sawn up in white pleats.

Red I love Anna Blume, red I love your! - You

ye you your, I your, you my. - We?

This belongs (by the way) in icy fire.

Red bloom, red Anna Blume, what do people say?

Prize question: 1.) Anna Blume has a bird.

2.) Anna Blume is red.

3.) What colour is the bird?

Blue is the colour of your yellow hair.

Red is the cooing of your green bird.

You simple girl in a simple dress, you dear

green beast, I love your! You ye you your,

I your, you my. - We?

This belongs (by the way) in the chest of fires.

Anna Blume! Anna, a-n-n-a, I trickle your

name. Your name drips like softest tallow.

Do you know, Anna, do you know already?

You can also be read from behind, as you are from

before: "a-n-n-a".

Tallow trickles caressingly down my back.

Anna Blume, you trickle beast, I love your
!

Kurt Schwitters








More Kurt Schwitters here.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

blogger templates | Make Money Online