Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Andre Breton


Born today (February 19) in 1896. Andre Breton founder of the Surrealist movement, poet, art critic ... genius



'I have never known a man with a greater capacity for love, or a greater power of loving life's greatness. It's impossible to understand his hatred if you don't see that, for him, it was a question of protecting the quality of that love...Breton loved as a heart beats. He was in love with love in a world which believes in prostitution. That was what he was about.'

Marcel Duchamp



more Breton / Surrealism



1 comment:

SarahA said...

How spooky someone actually was talking to me about this chap the other day and now I come across your 'blog' with this here. I am thinking maybe it is a sign I should go read him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

blogger templates | Make Money Online